Grumbling about Summit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trigger

Reaction score
So this is my favorite hop now that Amarillo is extinct for the year. Why does it have to be so daggone expensive? Stupid things are 3.50 for 2 oz, and iI just used 4 oz to dry hop 10 gallons of CDA. Grr, I'm peeved. To top it all off I just got my last lb of Amarillo until this year's crops are in. A lb should last just fine, except that now that I know this is the end, I'll probably ration it so tight I'll still have half a pound when it comes around again. Anyway, I'm just grumbling.

On a side note, I was told that the reason Amarillo is in short supply is because the owner of the strain planted a smaller crop in order to drive the price up. Is this rumor or truth? Anyone know?

there's a shortage of simco around here. been using magnum and warrior in its place. haven't heard anything about amarillo, hope that doesn't dry up here too

Buy Summit by the pound. You can find cheaper than $1.75 per oz if bought by the pound, I am certain of that.

Back