Grrrrr UPS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I heard a noise at the front door. Yup on my porch was an order from Northern Brewer. There were a total of four packages. The two big ones are mine while the two small ones belong to someone down the street.

Take a look at that bottom box! I had trouble even getting it into the house like that as grain was spilling out. I haven't had a chance yet to go through the box since I'm just finishing up the boil in the brewery. I sure hope everything is in there.

image.jpg

Courier Services.....we will always be at their mercy.

Our latest issue has been getting other peoples mail, and other people getting ours.
Everyone in our neighborhood is fed up with USPS. I guess the driver just tosses crap in whatever box he wants.
Every evening at 5:30-6:00, people are walking around the neighborhood re-delivering mail to the appropriate homes.

Aside from a trail of rye malt, like we were playing Hansel and Gretel, everything else was intact. I had 5 pounds of rye malt and NB had double bagged it, but there is more like 3.5 pounds left. I cleaned up the porch, my entryway, and then double bagged the ripped bag of rye malt that was left.

Very frustrating!

Ups is always fun here is a little puck I took of a ups driver at work. See that other truck behind him. That's the truck I'm waiting for. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1403736410.834244.jpg. Being a driver for ups seems like a good gig. You would think people would want to do it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you contact Northern Brewer I'm sure they will give you a partial refund for your troubles. After they give you money back they will then bill UPS for the damaged goods.

Bummer about your grain Yoop. I'd email that 1st appeared pic to both UPS & NB, with a note of course, telling just exactly "what brown did for you."
Regards, GF.

Since you brought it up........

3 years ago, a UPS truck was behind me on a suburban road.

After a bit, the road went to 2 lanes each way,45 mph, and I opted for the left lane to pass somebody doing 43mph, since I was doing 50.

The UPS driver remained right on my ass.

Another car going 45 or so was, perhaps, 2 car lengths in front of the car I was passing.

As soon as the UPS truck got past the first car I had passed, the idiot swerved into the space barely big enough for it, got half way past me and then came back into the left lane, forcing me into oncoming traffic.

It wasn't a close call with the oncoming traffic, fortunately, but it was a minor miracle the ass end of that UPS truck didn't hit me, as I swerved with screeching tires to avoid it.

Witnesses stopped and gave me their names.

Ups came to see me that day at work, asking me to press charges personally against the guy so that they could do something, saying that they had had other complaints, but couldn't touch him without someone pressing charges.........Unions, sheesh.

I declined to personally take the guy to court at my expense and let him know my name and where I live.

Bet UPS says the grain wasn't properly packaged. Box needs to be stronger and have more tape. I have no connection with UPS or NB, just a home brewer.

Latest posts

Back