Growler Rules in Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomWaggle

Reaction score
I am starting an internship in Florida next week and I'm trying to visit as many breweries down there as possible. I was wondering if they allow growlers from other states/breweries to be used. And Orlando Brewing Company looks like the only fill 32 oz or 1 gallon, which is not the usual 64 oz growler.

Yea... it sucks. 40oz bottles are illegal also. Tap room laws are horrible here and they are trying to make them worse.

They should fill anyone's growler as long as it's clean, but only 32's and 128's. A lot of the 32's look like medicine bottles :) like something from the snake oil guy.

7venth Sun Brewery in Dunedin will fill any 32oz growler, it's been over a year since I was down there so the rules may have changed since then. If you are anywhere near Tampa (Cigar City Brewery) or Clearwater check out 7venth Sun out. They put out some "whacky" brews but they are pretty much top notch all the way around.... http://www.7venthsun.com/tasting-room

It looks like I'm going to have to use my growlers for homebrewing specifically then. Thanks for the heads up. I will be in Orlando but I'm definitely looking to visit Cigar City, Orlando Brewing Company, Yuengling, and any other I can find.

Latest posts

Back