Grolsch bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowlintent

Reaction score
I could kick myself. 20 some odd years ago I had amassed a nice stash of Grolsch bottles, probably 3 dozen in all. In one of our subsequent moves SWMBO convinced me to dispose of them.

Now that I am home brewing again I really miss the ease and convenience of this type of bottle. I haven't seen Grolsch for sale locally for years.

Long story short, empty swing tops can be bought for around $28.00 per dozen plus $10.00+ shipping from brewing supply companies. Imagine my surprise when I was able to buy 3 four packs while visiting another area for $27.00. I guess i will be "forced" to drink all 12 pints of lager before I can recycle the bottles. Some decisions are just no brainers.

The beer sucks last I heard but Trader Joe's beer comes in Amber glass flips.

I invested in several cases of EZ cap bottles from the on set of my bottling days and LOVE them.

There's someone selling empty Grolsch bottles for $12 a dozen or less almost every day in my area, on my area's version of craigslist (Kijiji). You can make an RSS of your search and it will tell you when someone makes a posting matching your search parameters. So I just set it and wait for it to notify me.

I invested in some Fischer brews which is a french amber ale but they come in 1 liter swing tops. Beer is pretty underwhelming but oh well.

Back