Grolsch Bottle Value?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWitGuy

Reaction score
So I was surfing CL and found someone that had a box of 50 bottles for $25. Do you think that's a little steep for some bottles?

That's about the same as what you pay for them in the Netherlands.
A crate of empty bottles here is €3.80, which translates in 5 dollars. 16 Bottles per crate is 15 dollars total.

Employees of local bars save the empty Grolsch (and Fischer) bottles, rinse them, and then sell them to my LHBS for 50 cents. The LHBS then re-sells them for $1.

Funny but I have seen them on ebay going for more empty than you can get them full.

Oh you mean like the 200$ bottle of chocolate rain?? lol

TO OP. Go to your local distro or bottle collection (in my case there the same thing) and ask them if they have any swing tops, when they say no (which they prob will since EVERYTHING gets recycled dont it???) just mention your a local homebrewer and your looking for new ways to display your beer, hell even offer them one next time u go in.

Worked for me and they've been saving the bottles ever since.
They also charge me 20c a bottle!

In my eyes were both happy since they only get 5c from the manufacturers and i have empty swing tops for more beer!!

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back