Greetings fron Costa Rica

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ti2cpq

Reaction score
Greetings from San Jose, Costa Rica.

At last we can buy materials to make beer at home, a new world for which we like good beer and not commercial. :rockin:

I hope to learn much in this forum.

Carlos-
. :tank:

Hey, Carlos! Welcome!

I visited Costa Rica in 2009. Hiked through some rain forest around Limon, around Vulcan Arenal, as well as saw San José and some smaller places like Guapiles.

Welcome to the forum and happy brewing!

Welcome! Got sick of drinking Imperial did ya? I must admit, it can hit the spot on a hot day, but its always good to see people interested in quality beer/homebrew. Do you have a local homebrew store or are you buying ingredients online? How do you controlled fermentation temps in your climate?

Bienvenidos Carlos!

I live in Guatemala, but was just recently in Costa Rica. Liked the Bavaria Dark we drank there.

Search the Groups here, there is a Costa Rica group and a CA-4 group.

Saludos,

Curtis

Thanks for yours commentes.

There are 2 shops that sell materials, and 2 other microbrewers that sell good beer.

With regard to the fermentation, during the day with a fan and wet wipes at night without a fan, you get about 25 ° C. all the day.

Carlos.

Been to CR twice and loved it both times.
Imperial, para mucho gusto, para gente grande! I remember the commercials well.

I don't really recall many other beers there but it's been some time since I've been there.
Welcome to HBT.

Thanks for yours commentes.

There are 2 shops that sell materials, and 2 other microbrewers that sell good beer.

With regard to the fermentation, during the day with a fan and wet wipes at night without a fan, you get about 25 ° C. all the day.

Carlos.

Carlos,

Could you post the names of the shops & microbreweries? I assume they all in San Jose, verdad?

We will be returning to Panama in a few months and may pass through San Jose so maybe I can check out the microbreweries.

No microbreweries or HB shops here in Guate but we can buy a few beer related ingredients from food industry suppliers. Everything else must be imported.

Gracias,

Curtis

Back