Greetings from the Redwood Coast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sequoiacider

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Long time forum lurker, but finally making an account. Me and my partner have been home brewing hard cider for 5 years. Originally started with farmers market and store-bought juices and a single 3-gallon carboy. Quickly progressed to picking and pressing using borrowed pressing equipment, eventually buying our own equipment. Current setup:
Electric fruit grinder with large hopper (dumping buckets of fruit in at a time)
Hydropress (i.e. Bladder Press), 10 Gallon Capacity/~5-6 Gallon yield
Spike Brewing Co Stainless Steel 14-Gallon Conical Unitank Fermenter
6.5 Gallon Glass Carboy, Six 3 Gallon Glass Carboys (though the Glass Carboys will see much less use now that we have the Conical)

Lots of other bits and pieces to help make things more efficient. This is a fun, though expensive, hobby. Every time I think I have things perfect, I spot something else to buy to make the process even better.

We're looking forward to sharing our knowledge, and learning from this awesome community!

Back