Greetings from Oakland County Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomoMoMo

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

My name is Bill and after work tomorrow I'll have FedEx package waiting for me with a Midwest basic brew kit with ingredients to brew Hank's Hefeweizen. Looking forward to brewing this Saturday.

This site has a wealth of information and I just want to thank everyone who has shared their knowledge in order to help newbs like me start brewing. :mug:

Welcome always nice to have another member from the great beer state. Heading east this weekend for a Pistons game and hopefully a Coney and a brew at Kuhnhen...not sure on the spelling.

Welcome fellow Michigander, from the snow covered shores on the Mittens west side! So much to help you out on this site, enjoy!

Thanks for the warm welcomes...

Welcome always nice to have another member from the great beer state. Heading east this weekend for a Pistons game and hopefully a Coney and a brew at Kuhnhen...not sure on the spelling.
Had to Google Kuhnhenn since I'm originally from the SW suburbs of Chicago - Exported to Detroit. Never had a Coney, though my 13 yr old enjoys them, I miss my Chicago style dogs, for some reason they don't sell them here. :confused:

I do admit, there are a lot of great beers in this state. When I first moved here 3 yrs ago, I was disappointed that It was hard to find my beloved Goose Island 312, and when I did it was over priced. But that quickly faded as I started sampling the Michigan beers - Bell's, Founder's, Atwater, New Holland. Sad about the Michigan Brewing Company, I heard they had an excellent Pumpkin Ale.

... Use us and abuse us on the forum!
Do I need to buy you dinner first?

Welcome fellow Michigander, from the snow covered shores on the Mittens west side! So much to help you out on this site, enjoy!
Hehehe...You get all the snow that doesn't fall in Chicago...but the summers on the west coast more than make up for winter weather.

Jusy fyi if your a baseball fan, you can find a really good Chicago dog in Comerica during Tigers games. But ive never had the chance to visit more than a few hours in Chicago so I may be insulting your beloved dog lol

I can agree that a Chicago dog is unreal. Only two hours from Chicago on the west coast of Lake Michigan, so we have a few transplants over here and can find a good ones over here.

Back