Greetings from Northwest Arkansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketspank

Reaction score
Rocketspank here. Just checking in. Signed up for the forums a little while ago when I got my first Homebrew kit in and have yet to post.

I'm *completely* new to the scene. I do enjoy beer so I figured this was the next natural step.

I can't say that there are too many beers that I absolutely do not like (Heineken). I started drinking Rolling Rock but have matured over the past few years and now my main drink is anything Sam Adams. However, I'm getting more and more into the craft scene. Currently sipping on some Avery India Pale Ale. I love my stouts, lagers, IPAs, super hoppy and more sweet beers.

I bought the Beginners Homebrew kit from Midwest when it was on the Living Social deal and started my first brew on the 11th of this month. My first brew (the Irish Stout option) went pretty well. Still sitting in primary fermentation. Since then, I've added a glass carboy found on CL and a couple of other tools. After Thanksgiving, I'm going to look for a propane burner to move outside as my stove probably can't take too much more of that massive pot on it. Already bought my second kit to brew this coming Sunday (a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone from MW) and already have my third brew in sights (an extract clone of Arrogant Bastard Ale). As you can tell, I extract brew for now, but the intrigue of going all grain is brewing (ha, get it? its a pun...) in me...

Anyways. I'm glad to have found this place (maybe from a link on reddit or something...) and can't wait to ask you all my stupid questions... Have a nice day and Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate the holiday.

Latest posts

Back