Greetings from Mexico!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DodgyBrewer

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone here!

I'm sure you must be wondering.. 'Mexico??'
Yes, that's right!

Well, let me introduce myself.

I do live in Mexico, and I am Mexican, I've always enjoyed beer -even when I didn't even know a single thing about it- I used to drink beer, the 'different kinds' that you get in Mexico. But you'll see, over here, beer is not really a culture, it is just seen as something you buy to get drunk (amongst youngsters), or something you might have with your family at a barbeque or whatever..

But then I had the chance to travel to the UK (London) where I lived and studied for a while. While there I started learning a lot about beer, and the whole culture, I had the chance to try many a beer in different pubs, and also got to chat with the lovely regulars (which later I became one of them)
I blended with them (the most I could) and assisted to a couple Real Ale festivals, that's when it all hit me. I was deeply in love with almost everything that was made of barley, wheat, hops, yeast, and water (mainly), so then I started researching, asking, trying, and in no time my knowledge about beer grew.

It was until I visited the 'Fullers Brewery' in Chiswick (Whatever you do, take pride.) when the bug of homebrewing bite be. That was the day that changed my life.

To make a long story short, I started reading books about homebrewing, all the physics, mathematics, chemistry, biology.. in beer.

But then I came back to Mexico, where the market of imported beer and ales is quite reduced, and in my city is almost inexistent, after some months, when I had drank all the imported beer in many a supermarket, there ws nothing left but cheap, hideous, disgusting lager (I'm not a lagerboy, but sometimes I do enjoy a good lager), so then I decided to start to homebrew my stuff, it is not that easy to get many first-quality ingredients here (because Homebrewing in Mexico is an inexistent art), but it is possible to get proper stuff.

So well.. ermm here I am, having a pint of my homebrewn beer, telling a part of my story, relaxing, and not worrying (hahaha).

My best regards to you all, and remember..

Keep Brewing!

Hey, thanks for the very quick welcome!

I'm from a city called San Luis Potosí, i'd say it's in, or at least near the centre of Mexico.

Hey, thanks for the very quick welcome!

I'm from a city called San Luis Potosí, i'd say it's in, or at least near the centre of Mexico.

I've been there!!!!! Loved it!

Tried to go to the bull fights, but couldn't make it work.

I drank a ton of Noche Buena when I was there. Damn good beer!

Welcome :mug:

Hola, DB. Bienvinedos! I have been to your bull ring!

Where do you get your homebrew supplies? I have a friend in Queretaro who is interested in brewing.

Back