Greetings from Mass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezhive

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
[yesterday's attempt to introduce myself seems to have vanished into the aether, my apologies if I end up with a double-post]

I've been poking around the forums here for a while, and figured it was about time to introduce myself. I'm a fairly new brewer, located near Lowell, MA. I'm an extract brewer so far - I've done a combination of kits and digging up recipes both here and at my LHBS. I'd love to move to AG, but for now the equipment size/setup is prohibitive. I currently have 1 6 gallon "primary" and 2 5 gallon "secondary" fermenters, along with fermwrap style heaters for them (though only 1 temperature control unit for them).

So far I've done a couple IPA variants, my take on Thunderstruck Pumpkin, a sarsaparilla brown, a couple takes on hefeweizens and Graff. I've got a Belgian golden ale fermenting now, and will be starting another batch of Ruination clone this evening. I'll be doing an ESB in a few weeks, and have plans to do a Saison of some sort when the temperatures warm up. I keep notes on my beers on a wiki, so I can access and modify them wherever I go.

~beezhive

Welcome beezhive from Lowell Ma. home of Irish Mickey Ward. I wouldn't rush into AG just yet either. There's a lot you can learn from extract brewing that will better prepare you when your ready.

Welcome from Lynnfield.

How did you like the Ruination clone? Was it similar to the original? That is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the welcome, all!

Welcome from Lynnfield.

How did you like the Ruination clone? Was it similar to the original? That is one of my favorites.

The Ruination clone I made was based Yooper's recipe. Mine came out a bit milder and darker than Ruination, but very good. It was also a bit stronger than Ruination, I think I accidentally added an extra pound of DME. For tonight, I'm doing the same recipe with the following couple changes: Extra Light DME instead of Light, a bit more hops, and Pacman instead of WLP001.

Edit: I apparently did a late DME addition last time, so removed that

Back