Greetings from Lithuania

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baltic Brews

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

because I've had to spend more time indoors than probably ever before, I've decided this was the perfect opportunity to realize a long-time dream of brewing my own beer. I live in Lithuania, where beer is by far the most popular beverage, so I'm eager to try out not only some of the traditional beers but also brew some types that aren't really available at all.

I've already brewed my first batch earlier this week and have started planning my second project to brew next.

This forum has been an incredible resource and I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. As I've learned, you can find the answer to basically any question, so I hope that by becoming an active participant I can learn even more, and maybe even share some insights as well.

Welcome! I'm half-Lithuanian (my dad's side - my grandfather came from Kaunas, my grandmother from Vilnius). I've tried to find Lithuanian beers in the US but have struck out all over the place.

I also visited Vilnius and Kaunas in 2000. Vilnius was one of the prettiest cities I've ever been in.

Latest posts

Back