Greetings from Jacksonville Fl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrobinson

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've been homebrewing about six months now and just last weekend stepped up to all grain! I've found the site to be very very helpful and learned what NOT to do from reading some of the funny mistakes of other.

Cheers
Lee

If you are not already a member of CASK think about joining, lot of great people in the club. Also check out this weekend's First Coast Cup at the Sheraton off of Baymeadows this weekend...crossing my fingers on my sour mash saison, and brett saison.
check out thecask.org for more info.

Greetings! You are ahead of me by 6 months or so. I'm still looking to get my brew kettle/s in order. Any recommendations on an affordable local resource for brew kettles? My schedule has been slammed but I've been wanting to stop into Just Brew It to see what they have. A corny keg is also on my shopping list but that can wait for a bit until I have space and $$$.

Is there a fee for attending the First Coast Cup?

There is no fee to attend, as far as I know..There is a 25.00 charge if you are attending the awards banquet tomorrow though.
Are you brewing all grain or extract? If you are doing stovetop extract then a canning pot from walmart will work..or pick up a turkey fryer at HD or Lowes. They typically come with a 7 gallon aluminum pot, which will work for partial boils, and full boils if you watch it very very carefully for boil over.
JBI is a great local resource, Walter and Jimmy over on the Roselle location know their stuff. I don't get over to the beach store much, but Matt can answer any questions you have as well.

There is no fee to attend, as far as I know..There is a 25.00 charge if you are attending the awards banquet tomorrow though.
Are you brewing all grain or extract? If you are doing stovetop extract then a canning pot from walmart will work..or pick up a turkey fryer at HD or Lowes. They typically come with a 7 gallon aluminum pot, which will work for partial boils, and full boils if you watch it very very carefully for boil over.
JBI is a great local resource, Walter and Jimmy over on the Roselle location know their stuff. I don't get over to the beach store much, but Matt can answer any questions you have as well.

Thanks for the info. My first batch or two will likely be extracts and then I'll move on to partial mashes. Maybe when I get some more room I'll give a go at at AG. So I'm looking for something that will allow me to grow. I know that it is not necessary but my my first inclination is to get a kettle with at least one welded fitting for a ball valve. Seems like it might make moving the chilled wort to the carboy a little easier.

If you are not already a member of CASK think about joining, lot of great people in the club. Also check out this weekend's First Coast Cup at the Sheraton off of Baymeadows this weekend...crossing my fingers on my sour mash saison, and brett saison.
check out thecask.org for more info.

Yep I'm already a member and have attend a few meetings. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the FCC this weekend cause of work.

Latest posts

Back