Greetings from Brasil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome. You are using ale and lager yeasts? What sort of cooling system are you using for a 100L fermentor? Can we see a picture?

Welcome. You are using ale and lager yeasts? What sort of cooling system are you using for a 100L fermentor? Can we see a picture?

I can use up to 4 fermentadores. Sometimes i divide my wort in 2 partes and use different yeast or hops...or other ingredients.

My cooling system is very simple while we have temperatures near 30 °C and its difficult secure my equipement contra "bichos" bacteries and wild yeasts.

So i think its more secure use this..together..with a frizer full of ice ;-) <---look the attachment

greats

IMG_0746.jpg

Welcome to HBT! I am intrigued by your name. Is it German in origin? Would seem to fit with your interest in lager bier.

Welcome to the best site on the net for brewing wine, mead, foodie stuff & more! My dad's side is from upper Bavaria, so naturally I'm interested in beer history & German beers. I brew a dampfbier & kottbusser so far, besides English & American style off-shoots. We've also got a lot of recipes listed in that forum in the red strip at the top as well.:tank:

Welcome to HBT! I am intrigued by your name. Is it German in origin? Would seem to fit with your interest in lager bier.

Yes it is ;-)...i love lager, but i am curious to learn more type of beer and make my own experience.

Welcome to the best site on the net for brewing wine, mead, foodie stuff & more! My dad's side is from upper Bavaria, so naturally I'm interested in beer history & German beers. I brew a dampfbier & kottbusser so far, besides English & American style off-shoots. We've also got a lot of recipes listed in that forum in the red strip at the top as well.:tank:

Thanks for the welcome, i like it to stay and arrived the forum here. I live in Brazil, i have contacts to german brewers and many older and newer recipes from there. Here in Brazil that brewer hobby is new but it 's going up.

Thanks for welcome.

Here in Brasil the biggest Problem is the part cooling down the Wort with an Eqipment simple. Everytime i must work with many ice. The Temperatures here are the problem. O risc for infect my beer or later a cooling system more complcate with a little pump is high.

Or maybe use a dual-coil wort chiller? One coil coming from the sink faucet to a coil in some ice water. Then that one feeding the chiller coil in the hot wort, then dumping into the sink drain? That'd get the tap water temp down further as it goes through the wort chiller...

Or maybe use a dual-coil wort chiller? One coil coming from the sink faucet to a coil in some ice water. Then that one feeding the chiller coil in the hot wort, then dumping into the sink drain? That'd get the tap water temp down further as it goes through the wort chiller...

Yes, and you can do much of the cooling before using ice. Plain water will cool it down quite a bit - then use the ice when the cooling starts to slow down.

That is exactly what i do. I am pumping cool ice water into my coil inside the wort.
For 30 liters its enough, but only 60 liters i must wait many hours before i can use ice. If the wort nao arrived the right temperature before my ice is empty, i never arrived a temperature right for the yeast. We have water with temperatures near 79 F and a temperature of the air 86 F.

Greets

Yes, and you can do much of the cooling before using ice. Plain water will cool it down quite a bit - then use the ice when the cooling starts to slow down.
It's right, will cooling down faster. Only the temperature final is a big problem with big worts.

Greets

Latest posts

Back