Greetings from Anonymous Country :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apisal

Reaction score
Hello

Due to cultural and religious reasons, drinking alcohol is not a thing in my country, i am 23 years of age and i have never tried alcohol before, and i can't find any stores selling it so i choose to try brewing some to check it out
but it's really hard cause i can't find brewing kit or safe space to store them, but i found some solutions using coke bottles to ferment since they are air tight, can handle pressure if needed and they can work somewhat as an airlock, and that's why i am here, end of my story

nice to meet you guys <3

Hi, Apisal, and welcome. I see in the cider forum that you are working on that angle and I think it's a great way to start. Much easier and quicker to produce drinkable alcohol in a short period of time than beer or mead. I suggest adding 1/2 teaspoon of bread yeast to 1 liter of apple juice (pour a little out to allow for fermentation activity), shake well, loosen the lid a little to let CO2 escape, keep as close to 68 degrees F as you can, wait 2weeks, chill for a couple of days, pour (very carefully) off the sediment (less), and enjoy. Should be around 6% alcohol by volume (ABV). It won't be the best cider but it will give you an idea of what it's like and the effect of alcohol consumption. Good luck!

Apple juice with out preservatives, or frozen apple juice concentrate+ water, a touch of honey and some bread yeast. When the fermentation stops, put the coke bottle in the refrigerator and the yeast will settle to the bottom. Carefully pour off the liquid. Try it with other juice/sugars you can get in your area.
Consume in moderation.

i won't get hooked on my homemade alcohol, so don't worry about it me 😂
i tried my first batch, and it was really bad, i think next time i will use fresh fruit
maybe i will use "dates" this time for the sugary content of it

i honestly prefer drinks that hides alcohol taste and smell, i just want a good taste while getting drunk!
and i am not sure if i can achieve that in my homemade alcohol with the setup i have currently

Last edited:
i tried my first batch, and it was really bad, i think next time i will use fresh fruit
Unpleasant flavors can come from a variety of sources. If all you have is bread yeast, you can brew/ferment with that, but without yeast nutrient, you might have some problems. If you are mostly using sugar, your yeast will produce a "hot" rocket fuel type of flavor.
You can try making your own yeast nutrient by saving the yeast at the bottom your fermenter and boiling it. Unwanted bacteria in your fermenter could also cause off flavors.
If you can get barley or wheat you can try malting your own and brewing with that.

Latest posts

Back