Greetings from a Belgian living in Brazil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geovdw

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
My name´s Geoffrey and I want to start with Homebrewing, the last month and a half I read a lot about homebrewing and starting today I will buy the necessary equipment to brew 10 to 12 Litres (sorry I´m not used to gallons, pounds etc.) I love all kinds of beer especially the ones from my native country like duvel, orval, oerbier, westvleteren, tripel karmeliet, etc.
and american pale ales with a high IBU.
I want to start to brew myself because of the high beer prices here in Brazil, some imported beers have aroun 70% taxes on them making it very expensive to enjoy the better beers here.

Greetings from Brazil!

Welcome to brewing.

As you pick out equipment consider the method you will use for controlling the temperature of the fermenting wort.

thanks, to control the fermentation I thought about putting the fermenting bucket in a basin with ice during the day.

Actually a lot of Belgian yeasts tolerate higher temps. Also a lot of Belgian beers are bottle fermented- meaning there's still yeast in the bottom that can be cultured. I wouldn't recommend that for your first few batches but it's something to keep in mind for later.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back