Greeting from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azurecybe

Reaction score
Hello All!

I'm a new brewer from Eastern Iowa and have run across this site about every time I do a seach for something specific related to brewing.

About 10 years ago I bought the Brewers Best Ale Pail kit with full intention of making my own.. then I got married and SWMBO was not cool with the whole idea. I lugged that box/pail around every time I moved over the last decade and never could bring myself to give it away or toss it. I'm really glad I didn't .

January 2011 rolled around and I was making some homemade sausages and had run out of Sam Adams. Then the spark went off in my head and I thought, what better to drink with my own sausages than my own beer? I dug out the box, tossed the sad (scary?) old contents and took the step of ordering from AHS a Newcastle clone partial mash kit.

All my friends and bandmates liked it, so here I am. I have 5 gallons of semi-sweet mead in secondary for another month before I bottle. Christmas gifts for sure.

Next up is the Belgian Dubbel from NB. It should have conditioned nicely by the time weather turns chilly here. Also I have a Honey Weizen from NB bottled and hopefully ready by my B-day at the end of July.

Well, enough from me for now. Thanks for reading!

Back