Great Homemade Tap Handle Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flakk

Reaction score
Scorched Earth Brewing Company is opening up soon in Algonquin, IL, and just posted these tap handle photos on their website. I may attempt to make something similar this fall when I turn my chest freezer into a keezer.

http://scorchedearthbrewing.com/

ScorchedEarthTapHandles1.jpg

ScorchedEarthTapHandles.jpg

I don't like completely stealing other people's ideas, but one of these would go well with the keezer I just built....I'll do copper instead of galvanized. :D

20140803_1548372011_zps6a2a4fec.jpg

Those look HEAVY(!!!) for tap handles... I would be concerned about damaging the taps. I like the look, but not sure if it would be good for the equipment

You could probably get a lot of that material for free if you look around a bit. Old fences being replaced by newer vinyl ones, or even busted shipping pallets. I have an old fence with a hinge that looks very similar to one of those but I'll probably get an earful if I start tearing my fence down for tap handles...right now I'm just using sawed off table legs but I'm still looking for something better.

Back