great beers available in FL but not MN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

verbhertz

Reaction score
What are some great beers not available in the cities but that can be had in the Orlando area? Going to have family drive me up a bunch, already planning on some DFH.

I think you can get sweet water in Orlando. I can get it in Jacksonville and love the 420 pale ale and IPA.

Please mention specific styles too if there are standouts. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Holy mackerel- panic attack &Mack in black are great Orlando brewing is an organic brewery right in the downtown area that's well worth being mentioned as well. CCB just put their Munich helles in cans.

Going to pick up some 60, 90, 120 minute IPA, as well as the Jai Alai. Maybe more if I'm lucky! It will be a good night.

Going to pick up some 60, 90, 120 minute IPA, as well as the Jai Alai. Maybe more if I'm lucky! It will be a good night.

HUH....why on earth would you buy a nationally distributed brewery when you could buy a superior brewery's beers that are only regionally distributed?

Also, 120 is not good beer, way out of balance and in the wrong way, alcohol is far too present.

Cigar City FTW

Thats shocking to me, DFH is always so easy to find. Oh well, id take surly over DFH any day of the week. 60 and 90 are good beers, and 120 is worth a try.

Tried the 60 minute, I thought it was exceptional. Nothing amazing but a good IPA to be sure. Have two 90s and two 120s. Will store one 120 for at least a year. Drinking the other shortly for kicks.

If you can get any tocobaga, cucumber saison, or any large 750 type bottles from ccb you should buy them. Im not so sure you can just "find" 120 min on the shelves it usually is hard to spot and flies.

well if you were coming down to south Florida, i would tell you to stop by Big Bear Brewery for some of the best beer in the state.

...but if you're staying around Orlando, Cigar City's Jai Alai (pronounced hi-lie) is one of my favorite IPAs. also, if you can find anything by Tequesta Brewing Company, it is definitely worth a try. their Der Chancellor Kolsch is incredible and is especially refreshing in this Florida heat!

Twisted Pine's Ghost Face Killah! Seriously...that blew my mind and my taste buds. Bhut Jolokia in a beer is O_O

I did receive two Jai Alai and two 120 minute. Going to set one 120 minute aside for a few years, or as long as I can bear. The other will be consumed shortly.

Oh, just remembered. Pick up a few Highland beers if you go back out. They are located in Asheville, NC, but only distribute in the Southeast.

The Mocha Stout, Oatmeal Porter and Highland Gaelic are all good beers!

I will be down there in the next few months to pick up more. The Jai Alai was great, super hoppy. After the pour it reminded me of my home brewed ales, low head, not much retention, great lacing. Carbonation that streamed slowly from the center of the glass. Must be because it was also bottle conditioned?

I know it isn't a home brew, but I go to Minnesota 2-3 times a year and have to take several cases of Yuengling for the family and friends. It's no where near as good as what I brew for myself, but a lot better than most big bland brews.

Back