Great article on maintaining a sour program.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheZymurgist

Reaction score
http://sourbeerblog.com/understanding-brewing-blending-lambic-style-kriek/#comment-79754

This article comes from the context of brewing Kriek style specifically, but I think the information can be applied to any sour/wild beer production. It's really the same concept I've been approaching my sour program with, thinking of each batch as something to be blended, rather than all being individual batches. Although, if something is good enough to be bottled by itself, I certainly won't hesitate.

http://sourbeerblog.com/understanding-brewing-blending-lambic-style-kriek/#comment-79754

This article comes from the context of brewing Kriek style specifically, but I think the information can be applied to any sour/wild beer production. It's really the same concept I've been approaching my sour program with, thinking of each batch as something to be blended, rather than all being individual batches. Although, if something is good enough to be bottled by itself, I certainly won't hesitate.

I always enjoy reading Matt's stuff. He really knows the science behind a lot of this given his background, and I think he presents it in in a very approachable way. I have a very similar microbiology/chemistry background (minus the Pharmacy), but even if I didn't I feel as though I would be able to grasp what he's saying. Well written and well organized articles, and this recent one is no exception!

I always enjoy reading Matt's stuff. He really knows the science behind a lot of this given his background, and I think he presents it in in a very approachable way. I have a very similar microbiology/chemistry background (minus the Pharmacy), but even if I didn't I feel as though I would be able to grasp what he's saying. Well written and well organized articles, and this recent one is no exception!

I totally agree! I only recently found his blog, and it's fabulous! There's a lot of great, easy to read information on there.

Latest posts

Back