Gravity Fed Stand Using All Cement Blocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMadness1013

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to make the jump to all-grain. I already have 3 kegs set up with ball valves & have my false bottom for the mash tun.

Next in the process is figuring out a brewstand. I'd like to go 3-tier gravity & am planning on buying a bunch of cement blocks and stacking them. I'm not concerned with portability in the least.

I figure they will support both the weight & heat but thought I'd check in here before buying the blocks.

I'm hoping to carve out a little concave area in the top blocks of each stack to let the burner sit directly in the block. Will I need space below the burner or on the sides?

Any advice is appreciated - I'm not a very handy DIY kind of guy. Thanks in advance!

Definetly use the fire brick options. Standard concrete block will burst under high heat. You will also need secondary air considerations below/around the burner.

Back