Got an infection, can I just siphon fron underneath and dose w/ campden? Pic included

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20131025_033758.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what you want to do. If you have a filter setup that would be beneficial too.

What do you have in there, for how long, etc? I know people are always interested in the specifics.

The wine was just an experiment - pear, blueberry and raspberry. After first racking there was alot ofloss from the lees so I topped up with rw knutsens black cherry. It had been sitting in my basememt for about 3 weeks without being checked on when I found it like this yesterday

The wine was just an experiment - pear, blueberry and raspberry. After first racking there was alot ofloss from the lees so I topped up with rw knutsens black cherry. It had been sitting in my basememt for about 3 weeks without being checked on when I found it like this yesterday

Once you dose it, keep it topped up! That's how this infection took hold- too much headspace.

Latest posts

Back