Good Wit Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoutattheDevil

Reaction score
Hey guys, My wife and I have been looking for a good recipe for a Wit(Extract due to our usual time constraints) with some sort of fruit incorperated into it. If anyone has any they have used or any good spots to find them please share!!!

Cheers!

I used the standard orange peel and coriander in my wit but I also added fresh ground ginger which gave it some crispness. I'd shoot for under 2oz, I'll have to check my recipe but I think I was at 1oz and it was slightly present in the taste.

Well, I know oranges are the most common used but I wanted try and add in either peaches(as mentioned in a previous post), and a friend of mine dropped a tangerine into his summer ale we were drinking on the 4th of July and it was amazing. I'm not a huge fan of having to add something to a brew post bottle, the beer should stand alone by itself, but a tangerine wit just sounded amazing after his little discovery. I guess I could also just throw a tangerine into the beer after brewing a traditional Belgian huh?

thanks for all the replies guys!!!

Cheers!

Its not uncommon to put an orange slice on a tall hefe, therefore I could see how a tangerine could go on a wit.

Next thing you know somebody will be putting clementines on a kolsch! :D

Latest posts

Back