Good warm fermenting yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettV

Reaction score
I only have room for one carboy in my converted chest freezer, and ambient temps in my apartment are generally in the mid-high 80s at this time of year. I'd love to take advantage of that, and brew something funky and estery by just leaving it in my kitchen. Would Wyeast 3724 (Belgian Saison) be a good option, or would it need to be over 90 for that yeast to do its thing? Any other suggestions for strains that perform well in the ~85F range?

Interesting, because according to the product description for the French Saison, the high end for that yeast is 77. I'd be fermenting about 10 degrees warmer than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I only have room for one carboy in my converted chest freezer, and ambient temps in my apartment are generally in the mid-high 80s at this time of year. I'd love to take advantage of that, and brew something funky and estery by just leaving it in my kitchen. Would Wyeast 3724 (Belgian Saison) be a good option, or would it need to be over 90 for that yeast to do its thing? Any other suggestions for strains that perform well in the ~85F range?

I personally recommend Belle Saison myself, but 3724 will do the job with it's high temperature tolerance. WLP568 will get the job done too, though I don't know anyone who has used that yet.

Back