GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you enjoyed that, I would highly recommend John Dies at the End.

One of the editors over at Cracked.com wrote the book... great quirky sci-fi thriller/horror movie.

That was a good one (the book), along with the sequel "This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It". Kinda Douglas Adams-esque.

The movie was decent. I wish they could've had a bigger budget to work with, but I guess the lack of one adds to the campiness/quirkiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a good one (the book), along with the sequel "This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously Dude, Don't Touch It". Kinda Douglas Adams-esque.

The movie was decent. I wish they could've had a bigger budget to work with, but I guess the lack of one adds to the campiness/quirkiness.

Yeah, that really didn't bother me too much because I knew they were working with a smaller budget. They probably spent 3/4 of it getting Paul Giamatti to do his few scenes, lol.

That said, there were no really glaring faults.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd thomas was a good movie.

9cf1ee6b-b65a-42b5-94d5-4ed1d001572f.jpeg

John Dies at the End was a very good movie as well. Havent read the book yet, its in my queue.

Warning, do not let SWMBO know that the entire series of Friends is now streaming.

Warning, do not let SWMBO know that the entire series of Friends is now streaming.

I'm desperately trying to distract her with old Family Guy and enviromental documentaries. My defenses are failing... it won't be long now.

I just noticed that "The French Connection". Is on there. Such a great movie...

I was quite surprised it came out as good as it did, I was POSITIVE it was gonna suck.

The book series is rather entertaining as well, I am not sure if he's finished writing the books yet (Dean Koontz).

I thought it would too. But my husband was playing games and I was looking for new things to watch. I was very surprised.

Tucker and dale vs evil was good enough my husband went out and bought it. We also were entertained by rubber, and robo geisha. Lol.

Watched "Wolf of Wall Street" last night. Man was it a long movie, I think it was almost 3 hours long. However, overall a pretty good movie, dragged on a bit at times but lots of good looking women not wearing clothes. Especially Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in the movie. No idea who the actress is but DAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN!

Don't forget the best comedian around, Bill Burr! He has several specials on there including his latest one released a few weeks ago.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Don't forget the best comedian around, Bill Burr! He has several specials on there including his latest one released a few weeks ago.

I wont disagree that Bill Burr is funny,
but the best comedian around is Louis CK, and he also has a few specials on Netflix.

Love Bill Burr. His delivery is great and his material is stuff most of us can relate to. Spoiler alert: Love at the end of "Sorry You Feel That Way" when he's telling the gun story and the folks in the audience are.. Well from Atlanta
I also love Ralphie May. He just recorded a show for Netflix here in Atlanta. Can't wait to see it. Saw him at the Gwinnett center a few years ago. Great
Louis Black has some good stuff on Netflix. "Old Yeller" Is real good.
Cathleen Madigan Has some stuff on Netflix too. Saw her at the Punchline a few years back.

Hard to argue this point, but it's personal preference I suppose.

Yeah Comedy is subjective.
To compare Bill Burr to CK would be unfair because they are not the same style.
Kinda like comparing Doug Stanhope (who has stuff on Netflix) to Jeff Foxworthy.:D

Not the Bill Burr stand up. Unless you want your 8 yr old to start saying something that rhymes with duck... I just watched it.

I don't know. I grew up watching George Carlin. Not just as the conducter. Like at Carnegie and Class Clown. I didn't start dropping f-bombs till I was (on paper) an adult.

Can I watch any of them with my 8-year-old in the room?

That really depends on how cool your eight year old is.

Mine 7 year old is super cool so she watches what she wants.

Edit: Watch Blue Ruin. I didn't think much of it at first, but now it's all I'm thinking about, so really good movie.

Maron

Marc Maron has been a comedian for 25 years. He's had his problems. He was an angry, drunk, self involved, twice divorced compulsive mess for most of his adult life, but with the popularity of a podcast he does in his garage and a life of sobriety, his life and career are turning around.

Love Bill Burr. His delivery is great and his material is stuff most of us can relate to. Spoiler alert: Love at the end of "Sorry You Feel That Way" when he's telling the gun story and the folks in the audience are.. Well from Atlanta

I was lucky enough to see him in Sydney a couple of years ago and he's back in a few weeks again!

I haven't read all of the suggestions, but if you like dark & twisted be sure and check out Black Mirror.

It was good, don't get me wrong....great acting. The movie was very slow. I remember one scene where the camera followed a person getting up from the table, walking over to the fridge, opening the fridge, pouring a drink, walking back to the table and sitting down (it was something like that)...no words were spoken and no value was added to the movie by it. It seemed like they were just killing time. I'm sure the intent was to continue with the slow pace life of elderly folks in the Midwest but damn....enough!

Alien Resurrection was pretty decent. I couldn't remember it from the last time I watched. Ripley as a cloned cross between a human and an alien. I loved her acting. She was definitely not entirely with it!

Now it's on to the Predator movies!

Alien Resurrection was pretty decent. I couldn't remember it from the last time I watched. Ripley as a cloned cross between a human and an alien. I loved her acting. She was definitely not entirely with it!

Now it's on to the Predator movies!

The whole Quadrillogy was awesome. The weakest of the four is resurrection, and if that's the worst you can do, good job. I Stull haven't watched predators but I have to admit, the 2 avp movies were kinda dumb.
Rumor mill has been steadily churning out alien 5 bs but hopefully it will get made and not be trash

Latest posts

Back