GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M:HoF is bad, but it is Citizen Kane compared to Troll 2

scientific studies have proven it; 4 out of the 5 employees polled at the video store we worked at agreed.

"You can't piss on hospitality! I won't allow it!"

Last edited:
final season of Peaky ****ing Blinders on Netflix

Aunt Pol 😢

(not a spoiler: Helen McCrory, the actress who played Polly Gray, passed away last year from breast cancer)

I watched the first half hour of Buckaroo Banzai last night. (how have I not heard of this movie until now?) I'll finish watching it tonight, or I might start over to see if the beginning makes more sense with a little context.

"Laugh while you can, Monkey-Boy!"

I started watching Better Call Saul again. Just finished season 1 last night. (not sure how far I got when I started it a few years ago; at least into season 2 but don't think I finished S2) Thoroughly enjoying it even tho' I have seen all these episodes before. Michael McKean is probably the best actor there, Chuck is an amazingly hateable character, LOL. But they are all good, and the writing and cinematography are tight.

@z-bob
I'm curious how BCS would be if you binged it. I watched every episode weekly so parts of it seemed to drag on for years. I really liked S1. After that, it was hit or miss for me until maybe S4. It definitely picks up towards the end.

Chuck is the best/worst. He's a neurotic a-hole, but in his own mind he's completely rational.

I would say BCS is a better crafted show than BB for 2 reasons:
1. They created a show where the ending is predetermined and a lot of characters are already known. They just have to get it there.
2. All the tricks Vince and Peter learned along the way with BB, they can utilize from day 1 with BCS. All the symbolism, foreshadowing, symmetry of characters, camera arrangement, etc.

I still like BB better, although BCS has its moments.

@z-bob
I'm curious how BCS would be if you binged it. I watched every episode weekly so parts of it seemed to drag on for years. I really liked S1. After that, it was hit or miss for me until maybe S4. It definitely picks up towards the end.

Chuck is the best/worst. He's a neurotic a-hole, but in his own mind he's completely rational.

I would say BCS is a better crafted show than BB for 2 reasons:
1. They created a show where the ending is predetermined and a lot of characters are already known. They just have to get it there.
2. All the tricks Vince and Peter learned along the way with BB, they can utilize from day 1 with BCS. All the symbolism, foreshadowing, symmetry of characters, camera arrangement, etc.

I still like BB better, although BCS has its moments.

I'm about 4 or 5 episode into S2 now.

In the opening of "Cobbler", Michael McKean is playing the piano for real. IRL, he's a musician and songwriter as well as an actor.

I *really* liked the silver (perhaps pewter) armadillo bolo tie Jimmy wore in Amarillo. Almost makes me want to get one and start wearing a tie. Almost. I have looked for one like it online and haven't found one.

IRL, he's a musician and songwriter as well as an actor.

he & his wife, Annette O'Toole were nominated for an Oscar for their song in "A Mighty Wind"

& were ROBBED by the completely forgettable song from LotR:RotK

here... one of the greatest comedic duos will make you cry

Wait- has this become a thread for all streaming tv?

Reservation Dogs- best series in a long time. I grew up in AZ and can relate to a lot of the show, even though it takes place in OK.

The Curious Case of Natalia Grace- freaky docu-series. I found myself constantly mumbling, “WTH is wrong with people?” Then again I do that, oh maybe 50 times a day.

Better Call Saul- Odenkirk is severely underrated. Great show. I’m sad that that’s the last of Breaking Bad related shows.

I've been watching a show called From on MGM+ on Prime. It's in the middle of the 2nd season. The premise is people in cars mysteriously arrive in a very small "town" and they can't leave (the only street in town just loops back in on itself). Everything is fine and dandy (other than not being to leave or communicate with the outside world), but it gets interesting at night. Monsters that look like humans roam the town and kill anyone that isn't safe inside or whoever they can trick into letting them in.

There are lots of questions to answer and they are still in the phase of raising more mysteries than revelations.

The show is building a cool mythology as people explore the area and others try to build communication equipment to try to contact anyone.

It's worth checking out, especially if you are looking for a show like Lost.

we watched the first season (for free). very unique premise (sorta like "Wayward Pines") with interesting characters.

we're waiting for more episodes to be released, so we can use a free MGM+ trial to binge as much as we can

I've been watching a show called From on MGM+ on Prime. It's in the middle of the 2nd season. The premise is people in cars mysteriously arrive in a very small "town" and they can't leave (the only street in town just loops back in on itself). Everything is fine and dandy (other than not being to leave or communicate with the outside world), but it gets interesting at night. Monsters that look like humans roam the town and kill anyone that isn't safe inside or whoever they can trick into letting them in.

There are lots of questions to answer and they are still in the phase of raising more mysteries than revelations.

The show is building a cool mythology as people explore the area and others try to build communication equipment to try to contact anyone.

It's worth checking out, especially if you are looking for a show like Lost.

I'm 8 episodes in to Night Agent on Netflix. Mixed feelings on this one. Exciting, entertaining, but just too unrealistic for me to buy in completely. Overall I'm enjoying it though.

on Hulu, The Bear

one of the better shows on the air/streaming these days

Grog highly recommends

also even higherly recommends Reservation Dogs, also Hulu,

starting June 26, FX will air two episodes starting at 10 p.m. ET/PT Mondays for four weeks, finishing a couple weeks ahead of the show's third season premiere Aug. 2 on Hulu

I just finished a show called War of the Worlds. This one came out in 2019, starting on Epix but now is MGM+. It's a modern version of the HG Wells story where aliens show up and basically wipe out almost all human life and the humans try to fight back. It takes place in England and France, so there are some subtitled scenes when it's just French people talking. Very post-apocalyptic but not with viruses or zombies.

There are lots of different storylines that weave in and out of each other which was nice.

As far as I can tell, the show is done, and it had a satisfying conclusion, at least for me.

I wasn't too thrilled with the last season and especially the last set piece battle of The Last Kingdom.

The sequel movie made up for it. Seven Kings Must Die brought it back around and left me sated.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/reservation-dogs-to-end-season-3-fx-hulu-1235658202/amp/
NOOOO!
Say it ain’t so. Season 3 of Reservation Dogs will be the last.

[Harjo] praised the cast, including Devery Jacobs, D‘Pharaoh Woon-a-tai, Paulina Alexis and Lane Factor.

“You are the Rez Dogs, and this show wouldn’t have been the same without you,” Harjo said. “Although it’s the end of this story, it’s likely you will see Elora Danan, Bear Smallhill, Willie Jack, Cheese Williams and other characters in the Rez Dogs universe show up in other stories to come. Until then, Mvto. Love you, b*tch.”

https://ictnews.org/news/reservation-dogs-launches-third-and-final-season

[Harjo] praised the cast, including Devery Jacobs, D‘Pharaoh Woon-a-tai, Paulina Alexis and Lane Factor.

“You are the Rez Dogs, and this show wouldn’t have been the same without you,” Harjo said. “Although it’s the end of this story, it’s likely you will see Elora Danan, Bear Smallhill, Willie Jack, Cheese Williams and other characters in the Rez Dogs universe show up in other stories to come. Until then, Mvto. Love you, b*tch.”

https://ictnews.org/news/reservation-dogs-launches-third-and-final-season
Season 3 Trailer

Btw- my wife got a little sick of me calling people sh@t a@@ all last summer.

Any good series that the stereotypical guys vs gals can both like? I'm an action / sci-fi kind of watcher, she's rom-coms and reality shows.

We both loved Schitt's Creek, and Queen's gambit was good also (I thought it was great, she thought it was OK enough). Outside of that it's been tough to find something.

I finished the Squid Game Challenge, a reality competition show based on the series. Honestly, it was really well done. I was a bit skeptical before I watched it, but they pulled it off. 456 people, mostly from the UK and US from what it seems, competing for 4.56MM.

They use some challenges from the show (Red Light, Green Light, cookie shapes, marbles, and the glass bridge), but others are new.

I'd definitely recommend if you liked Squid Game, or reality competition shows in general.

Well, returned to Season 5 of The Crown. I was pretty deeply affected by Diana's death, for some uncanny reason, and so the season's opening still hit pretty hard. Longmire several times through.

I just watched my favorite episode of The Twilight Zone on pluto.tv, "It's a Good Life". (watching the credits now, I *thought* that was Cloris Leachman) It makes me cringe every time I see it. 😂
Yep, Cloris Leachman is in it, and she is her usual goddess-like self. Magnificent actress. I actually had a crush on her on the Mary Tyler Moore show, though a young lad at the time.😍

Hah, I own it, I see it at least once a year. She keeps falling asleep. Excellent suggestion! But somehow it doesn't work.

That said I need to try it again. Hmm, I just noticed how I phrased that.

On Prime Video, not Netflix, Reacher is good.

"You make a sound, I'll tear out your trachea & your last thought will be, 'oh, sh t! He really did it!'"

Full disclosure: my first exposure to the character was the Cruise movies & I liked the first one.

From what I understand, Alan Ritchson is a better match to the literary character. My perspective, he takes it up another level

I've been watching Brothers Sun on Netflix the last few nights. I'll definitely finish it. It's a little silly, a little drama, a little action... if you liked Cobra Kai at all you might find some similarities. Not a copy by any means but if you liked or disliked one, the same feelings will almost certainly apply to the other.

Any good series that the stereotypical guys vs gals can both like? I'm an action / sci-fi kind of watcher, she's rom-coms and reality shows.

We both loved Schitt's Creek, and Queen's gambit was good also (I thought it was great, she thought it was OK enough). Outside of that it's been tough to find something.
not on netflix i think its on disney plus but the marvel series wandavision is really great. its one of the few shows that had the swimbo glued to. my 21 yo daughter even watched the series several times. its very original but unfortunately only one season.

theres a really disturbing documentary series on hbo max now called the curious case of natalie grace.

and i recently watched the vow on hbo max about a cult in upstate ny . its two seasons and riveting tv.

on netflix:
get gotti is good
the murdaugh murders is good
my wife is addicted to love on the spectrum
derry girls is a great show for hims and hers.
kath and kim is a great australian comedy series that me and the wife both love.

not for her neccessarily but great for laughs is :
people just do nothing - amazing
and hardy bucks from ireland is very funny

lastly not sure where to watch them but letterkenny and the spinoff shoresy are really impressive candaian shows.
great comedy

I've been watching Brothers Sun on Netflix the last few nights. I'll definitely finish it. It's a little silly, a little drama, a little action... if you liked Cobra Kai at all you might find some similarities. Not a copy by any means but if you liked or disliked one, the same feelings will almost certainly apply to the other.

The difference is I grew up in the 80s pretending I was Daniel-san! Without that fact, I most definitely wouldn't enjoy Cobra Kai as I do.

The difference is I grew up in the 80s pretending I was Daniel-san! Without that fact, I most definitely wouldn't enjoy Cobra Kai as I do.

I heard about it from a coworker. I saw the little bit about how Johnny had a totally different version of events, which were indeed confirmed form the movie clips, and was actually maybe a decent guy. I was hooked right away to see more.

I heard about it from a coworker. I saw the little bit about how Johnny had a totally different version of events, which were indeed confirmed form the movie clips, and was actually maybe a decent guy. I was hooked right away to see more.
althoug i havent seen kobra kai my son raved about it after we both watched karate kid together and couldnt put it down.

i also left out superwog on netflix is decent

and i just saw reccomendations for the young offenders on you tube which looks very funny

Cobra Kai is pretty good, at least the first couple of seasons...so many seasons now, so not sure how it is with the longevity.

WWII remastered six part series was also really good - finished that last night.

Back