Good day, Bad day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vrodbrad

Reaction score
So today was a good/bad day. So here how it rolls

Good: Ordered a SP10 burner last Friday it came in this morning (spead up time a lot quicker was able to get two brews done in a six hour period.)

Bad: was doing a barley wine (equipment 5 gallon cooler, 16.89 grain bill, see the problem.) I was able to get all but just over a pound in the cooler with mash water. So my all my numbers ended a little a little lower. sg was to be 1.088, got 1.070. So my efficeincy was low, all well.

Good: After I got the barley wine in the boil kettle I took the remainder of the grains along with what was still in their from the one before. Added mash water and stirred. Was able to get the sg of it at 1.048. and used the rest of the hopes I had left, so it will be an IPA.

Overall it was a good day though, would have been done quicker though I think if I would of started my first mash earlier than waiting on burner to come in and starting from their.

Oh i.e I do love my new wort chiller a 100% better than going back and forth between the sinks.

Yesterday, I was helping bottle my friends oatmeal stout that we had made. It was his first all grain. I forgot to bring my scale to measure out the priming sugar to do a batch priming so we did it this way for I could not remember any of the ratio's.
He had 16 ounce bottles and we had put 1/2 tsp in each bottle. Now I looked on here and realized we should have used more. Will the less amount of priming sugar in each bottle cause it to not carb up or will it just take a heck of a lot longer. Since it was yesterday can he just pop off the tops and add more or just leave them be.

Back