good chianti kit (or good kit company)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeepDiver

Reaction score
SWMBO is wanting me to make here a batch of chianti. I have no clue what I am doing with wine, but after reading up it doesn't sound too hard if I use one of the concentrate kits. Besides if she likes it, that means I can order more equipment :ban:

Can anyone recommend a good kit, or at least a company that is known for decent kits? Is there a better way to do chianti besides a kit that isn't too hard.

Thanks in advance

Since chianti is a blend of 3 different grape wines, it would be very difficult to make it on your own. Kits or concentrates would already have the 3 varieties in their correct proportions, so that is really the easiest way to go.

With kits, you get what you pay for. A good kit will be around $100. A decent kit will be around $70 Not that a $50 kit won't be decent, its just that it might be too weak to taste right.

Anyhow, I bought a $25 half-gallon chianti concentrate and so far, it seems to be working just fine. I won't know for a year, though...

Same here I bought a 6 gallon pail of juice and just did first racking off primary after 3 weeks will be 4 months before 2nd rack and 5 months after that until bottle.comon July 2021

Latest posts

Back