Good books??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demus

Reaction score
What's a good how to book for buch?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Which one do you recommend? Link opens to a bunch...

By Eric and Jessica Child's? I ordered the 2nd one by Steven Lee, do you think I should still pick up the first one? I'm an avid brewer of beer so I understand basic brewing concepts. I just need the specifics on Booch. Any first timer advice for me that you wish you knew before your first batch?

The Eric and Jessica Child one is amazing. It was my intro and I use it constantly. Before buying try your local public library. Mine has so many and I always support the Benjamin Franklin concept of free knowledge and access to all education no matter who you are or what you believe.

Nice. Ordered the book today for $15 off Amazon. Ordered a SCOBY and tea starter kit from kombucha camp, a little expensive compared to Amazon but "kombucha mamma" really seems to know what she's doing. I didn't want to deal with rehydrating. I should be fermenting by the end of the week!!! Any favorite recipes?

Well to be honest I just keep with a basic initial brew and vary the teas. I'm working on adding guava pulp into my racking process. Cutting up tiny bits of muslin that I've bleached and hand rinsed and then filling with 1/8 tsp guava guts into 3 of the bottles........ Doing this bit by bit. I'm more into old school basics. When I want a flavor I tend to heat my kombucha just a lil and I then pour over the fruit with ice. Very yummy. I've also mashed up my fav fruit and frozen them in ice cube trays to pour kombucha over. It's fun to let my friends choose the fruit and sit on the balcony while I grill.

Interesting...
I like his ideas on using malt instead of sugar. As a beer enthusiast I'm excited by the possibility of a kombucha sugared with malt and spiced with hops; kind of a healthy super low alcohol beer substitute. Has anyone out there tried something like this?

Latest posts

Back