Gold Nugget Rye ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarmBoy530

Reaction score
So I'm not going to list the recipe yet because I don't know how its going to turn out, however. I am brewing a golden rye ale with german pils hops so I have some really exciting (to me) things going on here. I love rye in beer and this is the first time I'm using it! I have never brewed a golden ale but always wanted to! Using a bunch of free hops a friend got me from a beer convention (shipped from czech)! Trying the San Diago ale yeast, and I get to do it all with some new equipment! Should be a good brew day, and I'll keep posted on the recipe!
:rockin:

Wish me luck, I'm off! :D

Everything went very very well today! Hope it turns out tasty!

So I know no one seems to be following but I figured I would complete this thread anyways. Its been 3 weeks since brew day and here is where I'm at. The FG is 1.010 Down from 1.053 leaving me around 5.6% abv. The entire ferment was done at 68F creating a very clean beer. It is just a tad on the malt and body side but only enough to note, maybe adjust next time. Its not out of balance at all just preference and I'm really splitting hairs too. Really it seems like it will carb up very well and be great after a few weeks! I cant wait! Seemed smooth malt forward with a spice/saaz hop nip in the end. Again, clean and gold to light orange.

As I stated in my original post, there is no point in posting a recipe that hasn't been tried and finished. So far it taste great. If it turns out as good as it seems it might, then I will gladly post. I actually started this as a way to advertise and get opinions on some ideas I threw together and no one responded. So I decided to document in an "as I go style" and see how the beer turns out in the end. I will post everything if it works out like I think it might, other wise I will document where I think I went wrong. This post wasn't meant to be finished and wrapped up with a bow in a few days. I personally think it will be interesting when its done. I hope someone else does too.

Back