Going to visit NY. Looking for brewerie/pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kontrol

Reaction score
So me and my gf are going to visit NY in 2 weeks (We live in Canada/Quebec).
We will rest in Time Square on the 46th close to the 7th.

As a beer fan (duh) I'd like to visit local breweries/pub that serve their own beer. If they make good food also, that's even better :).

I'm looking for places in Time Square as much as possible because we would like to avoid traveling too much in NY (since it's so big) and most (if not all) of our activities are located there.

Thank for your help :)

Last I recall the Heartland Brewery over by New York University is as close as you will get.

One of the best things about NYC is the Boehemian Beer Hall in Astoria, they don't make their own beer but they don't need to in order to be cool. Too bad you're sticking to Times Square.

Hey thank for your answer guys!

Yeah Heartland is the street right behind me!

I might not stick to time square but it should remain close since we only stay a few days so we don't want to travel half of the time.

In all seriousness though, have a great time! There are tons and tons of great bars and restaurants to go to. Creamy might be able to point you a better direction for brew pubs/breweries. Brooklyn Brewery is the only one that jumps out at me. When I lived in NY, we didn't have many breweries at all and it looks that is slowly changing. If you're bored (really, really, really bored) there is a brewery in Newburgh, about an 1 hr north of NYC by train. You would need to take a cab there and honestly, while the beer is good I'm not going to say the same about Newburgh. Make sure you stop by the Museum of Natural History - my favorite museum and a great way to spend a rainy day.

One Mile House, 10 Delancy St., at the bowrey. Awesome new(ish) beer bar. Incredible food. If Kevin is working, he's a great bartender. Just to give you an idea, SWMBO and I are "regulars" at this bar, and we live 3 hours away! We got engaged in NYC, and got off the subway at the wrong stop. Turned around, saw a sign for a "just opened craft beer bar" and it was the best wrong stop we made all trip. The pizza with mashed potatoes, boursin, crispy shallots and bacon is reason enough for us to make the drive!

One Mile House, 10 Delancy St., at the bowrey. Awesome new(ish) beer bar. Incredible food. If Kevin is working, he's a great bartender. Just to give you an idea, SWMBO and I are "regulars" at this bar, and we live 3 hours away! We got engaged in NYC, and got off the subway at the wrong stop. Turned around, saw a sign for a "just opened craft beer bar" and it was the best wrong stop we made all trip. The pizza with mashed potatoes, boursin, crispy shallots and bacon is reason enough for us to make the drive!

Little south of me, but I'll sure make sure to see if we are able to go visit something there and stop by the place before we return to time square. Thank for the sugestion :)

If you decide to check out the beer garden in astoria let me know. I have a half dozen haunts just off the top of my head. Note that from Times Square its a 20 minute N train ride to Astoria.

Currently at hearthland brewery, took a very nice IPA, gf took a damn good red roaster ale. Im impressed, and the food is very good. Thank guys!

Back