Going to Charleston S.C., best beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddyBeard

Reaction score
Next weekend I'm going to a wedding in Charleston and wanna bring some beer home. Any suggestions for best breweries or bottle shops?

Cool... I'm from Wisconsin but I was just down there for the second time a few months ago.

Edmund's Oast is fantastic if you like sours and Belgians.

I'm also a sucker for Palmetto Amber.

Not a fan of Westbrook.

Never tried Holy City's stuff but I've heard they're very good.

Palmetto brewing is my favorite to visit, great beer and an awesome setting.

Holy City is also very good, try their Pluff Mudd Porter

+1 on Edmund's Oast... great atmosphere, good food and a wide selection of their own brews and another 20-30 guest taps. Check out the following link from craft beer.com...

https://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/beercation-destination-charleston-south-carolina

One thing to note is that the Charleston Beer Exchange downtown has now closed... it's going to make a sort of a reincarnation though in the form of a huge new bottle shop up next to Edmund's Oast though (CBX was owned by the same guy as Oast)... that's supposed to open in the Spring.

Have fun... Charleston is an awesome town!

Westbrook is awesome. Close by in Mt Pleasant is Two Blokes. I recommend Holy City and Frothy Beards as well. Charleston has a total of 8 craft breweries unless I missed one.

If you like sours, Westbrook hits home runs as does Wicked Weed in Asheville NC

Coast Brewing in N Charleston. Not much of place to visit but amazing brews. They also are the hosts of Brewvival in February.

This is great info thanks everyone, been a few years since I have made the trip down there and can't wait to be back down there. Great city

Back