GO USA!!!!!! (horribly popular soccer thread)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our Passing and Ball Control has been horrid, and our star midfielder, Bradley, has been playing awful. Belgium has a lot of talent when they put it together and can be scary good.

Hopefully Bradley can get his crap together, but we turn the ball over like nobodies business.

Our Passing and Ball Control has been horrid, and our star midfielder, Bradley, has been playing awful. Belgium has a lot of talent when they put it together and can be scary good.

Hopefully Bradley can get his crap together, but we turn the ball over like nobodies business.

Every thing Germany did looked deliberate. 8 passes in succession, marching right up the field.

I don't recall USA putting 4 passes together without losing control of the ball.

Every thing Germany did looked deliberate. 8 passes in succession, marching right up the field.

That's the traditional style of German soccer. Methodically march up the field with crisp passes and wear you down.

Having grown up in Germany, it's tough for me to not cheer for both teams. Mueller's goal was awesome.

I thought USA's play was too conservative. It looked like they were playing to advance with a draw or on goal differential instead of playing to win.

They aren't as good as Germany. They kept wasting time by unnecessarily taking the ball into their backfield and resetting the play. You're not going to beat Germany that way. You need to be more aggressive.

EDIT: And the yellow card on Beckerman was total BS.

Having grown up in Germany, it's tough for me to not cheer for both teams.

I have the same issue, but when it comes down to it, I became obsessed with the game in Germany, so I cheer for Germany first. Felt nostalgic to see the huge crowds in Berlin.

They gave it good shot, but... Coming into this game feeling more confident would have helped, I feel, but in the end more people watched soccer, more kids. Sat in the rain tonight to watch my son play, hard fought tie. There is hope...

The luftwafaffe is BOMBING!!!

The Bizmark and Turpitz are raining goals on the heads of their enemies!!!!

I have the same issue, but when it comes down to it, I became obsessed with the game in Germany, so I cheer for Germany first. Felt nostalgic to see the huge crowds in Berlin.

I'm with you. I live in Kaiserslautern right now, and even the Bundesliga 2 teams look better than the US's MLS teams. It has been amazing watching the fan reactions to the German victories in person.

This whole world cup, when I watch the US coverage, the announcers have underrated Germany, downplaying how talented they are, but the truth is their team is stacked. Now that Lamh is playing right back, and Schweinsteiger is starting at mid, they look unbeatable. Messi will have to pull off a lot of magic tricks to pull this one out.

Latest posts

Back