Glycol trunk running to outdoor cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaydub75

Reaction score
Hi there
I'm opening a small tasting room and my walk in cooler is located outside. I dont have room for a kegerator There's about 10 feet from the cooler to the back wall of the building. Then a run 50 feet inside.
I'm looking for suggestions for the best way to keep the beer cold for that 10 feet outside of cooler.
I plan on purchasing a glycol line.
Should I bury it in the ground in a pvc pipe or will the glycol keep it cold if I run the pvc pipe on the surface.
I'm in NC do it often gets above 100f. Some people have said condensation will be an issue. If this is the case I guess I'll need to be able to empty any build up of condensation, so perhaps an insulated box with access would be better opetions
Appreciate any feedback from anyone that has come up against something similar.
Thanks

As anecdotal information. One of my favorite bars has their lines about 15 feet exposed outside their building and it is nothing more than the actual glycol trunk line with some extra black duct tape wrapped around it for "weather proofing". Been like that for years and heir beer pours ice cold inside. I guess they have about 30 more feet of trunk line inside before the taps.

Latest posts

Back