Glass Jugs in Phoenix, AZ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottmd06

Reaction score
Does anyone know what stores in Phoenix might carry apple juice or cider in the one gallon glass jugs? I want to recycle them for bottling a wine that I need to rack.. I WOULD just go pick up 3 gallons of Carlo Rossi, but that would just double the amount of wine I have lol

Uncle Mikes Bloody Mary Mix (about $4 a gallon jug here) also some of the larger apple juices come in jugs. I lived in Goodyear for almost 6 years and wasn't home brewing during that time so I couldn't tell you a specific LHBS that would have them.

I dont drink bloody marys and I dont want to buy jugs at the LHBS for $5 a piece if I can get away with recycling juice or cider jugs. That way Im getting glass jugs for free!

They have 96oz bottles. Theres a store up the road that carries them, but I don't know if I'll be able to find bottle stoppers that will fit these bottles..

Not sure if you have any in your neck of the, erm, desert, but here places like Fresh Market have glass gallon jugs of apple juice, especially during fall and winter.

Try Whole Foods. I know there are of bunch of them in the Phx area, and I just bought some at a store here in Tucson yesterday. It actually cost $0.50 less than the LHBS sells empty ones for, and the apple juice is quite tasty. The organic juices are way more likely to come in glass jugs, so any health food store would be a good bet.

Great! Yea I know theres a few locations nearby. I wonder how much the juice is though.. Eek! It's looking like the closest locations to me are in Scottsdale. About 30 mins away.. Would almost be worth saving gas money just to get the empty bottles at the LHBS 3 miles away from me =p

Great! Yea I know theres a few locations nearby. I wonder how much the juice is though..

I only looked at apple juice prices yesterday, and the cheapest was ~$4.50 ea, which is only $0.50 cheaper that an empty from my LHBS. There were other fruit and veggie juices in the glass jugs, so maybe they had something cheaper. Are there any other health food stores close to you?

I ended up just getting a some Carlo Rossi and organic apple juice from Spouts and letting my friends get wasted on the cheap wine. lol. Gotta pick up some stoppers when I can get a ride to the LHBS.

Back