Glacier water machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I fill my own containers with RO water at the store.

You can unsafely assume it has no minerals. You can verify that with a TDS meter if you want; they're pretty inexpensive.

Last edited:
Yes, I fill my own containers with RO water at the store.

You can safely assume it has no minerals. You can verify that with a TDS meter if you want; they're pretty inexpensive.
I wouldn't say you can "safely assume" it has low to no mineral content. That depends on whether the machine is properly serviced and maintained. I've heard of people buying water at stores where maintenance is irregular, and finding that the water coming out is not much different from the tap water going in. But a TDS meter will cost all of about $12, and you can then verify the quality you are getting. I would check every batch if I were buying RO water from one of these machines. (I regularly check TDS on the water I run through my own system, to ensure that I'm properly maintaining it.)

I usually use distilled that way I can build in BeerSmith. I was hoping someone has the mineral content so I could plug it in and build from there

Any good RO is so close to distilled that I treat it like distilled in building a water profile. It will typically, even when the source water was highly mineralized, have ppm in low single digits, at most, of any given ion. But again, that is provided that the system is well maintained and operating optimally, removing 95% or more of dissolved solids. If you can trust the source, treat it like distilled in your software, it's not worth counting a couple of ppm of this or that.

Does anyone use these machines and if so do you have water report?

Yes I use their water machines. I always check with a TDS meter. Only 1 time it read high @16ppm. 99.9% of the time it's about 6ppm. It has a service date displayed to show when the filters have been changed .

Back