Gimme some ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hey4q2pal

Reaction score
IMG_9284.JPG

Anyone got any ideas on what hazy NE ipa I could/should make with these? I’ve got a ton of Pilsen LME as base.

Looking for a proven recipe if anyone has one. Hops schedule and whatnot. I’ll be using omega yeast

You have great hop selection, literally the hops that created the NE IPA style, mosaic, Citra, gAlaxy. They can be used in various ratios but I’ve always preferred 1:2:1 mosaic:citra:galaxy. If you follow the thread that @BrewnWKopperKat posted you’ll find something that will work for the ingredients you currently have. My biggest advice would be minimizing o2 pick up and having a healthy fermentation within correct temp ranges

I have temp control with a home built st1000 and keezer and I’m going to transfer with a autosiphon into a keg I’ll pre flooded with co2. I think I’ll try the 1:2:1 ratio as stated above for this 1st batch.
Any other hop combo ideas out there?? Also, I don’t have steeping grains handy, will 6lb Pilsen lme be ok or should I up the amount??

If you're going to go that route, I suggest you be prepared to rapidly consume that keg, because neipa's really require more aggressive cold-side oxygen exposure management than simply "flooding" a keg with gas.

Otoh, look into the "Star San purge" if you think that keg will stick around for more an a week or two...

Cheers!

Just curious as to why you would use a siphon to transfer when you have kegs and co2 . I cant recommend liquid/starsan purging via co2 then closed transfers enough. Especially with hoppy beers . Those are wonderful hops you have there I'd do anything not to inhibit their profile.

@day_trippr beat me to it lol

Back