Getting threaded faucet adapter unstuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acarter5251

Reaction score
I attached the threaded sink adapter for my Grainfather CFC to my sink and now I can't get it unthreaded. It is an adapter that is threaded on both ends with different diameters. The threaded part sticking out is too small to really get a grip on with my bare hands and I don't really want to take vice grips to it and foul up the threads either. Is there any tool or method I'm not thinking of to get it unstuck.

So far I've tried soaking in vinegar to get rid of any deposits and using hot water to try and get it loose.

Thanks in advance!

20292262_10154542676291400_824225859_n.jpg

I've had good luck with using a rubber jar opening pad (used for opening jar lids, forget the name). Sometimes it's the only thing that works.

Good luck

You could try threading the fitting back on to the adapter with a bit of locktite, then wrenching on the fitting and hope the sink side loosens before the locktight gives.

Also that is an idiotic design. Any male-male thread adapter without a hex in the middle [...] no reason for that. You could also try a rubber trap wrench, but I don't know if there is enough thread to get a good hold on.

You could try threading the fitting back on to the adapter with a bit of locktite, then wrenching on the fitting and hope the sink side loosens before the locktight gives.

Also that is an idiotic design. Any male-male thread adapter without a hex in the middle [...] no reason for that. You could also try a rubber trap wrench, but I don't know if there is enough thread to get a good hold on.

I thought about that as a possibility. I'll give it a shot since someone else has suggested it now and it doesn't seem like such a stupid idea anymore.

Also, yes, it is a very stupid design

And that worked like a charm! Thank you so much!

Back