Getting the most out of a gift card?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know this is a stretch, but does anyone know how I can use gift cards (Amazon) that I've gotten for Christmas, from work, etc. to apply to something like say like...oh I don't know...A Spike conical??

I really would like to have that CF10. I've got a couple of Amazon gift cards for Christmas and my employer does a recognition where points can be accumulated to purchase various gift cards as well. My CC is an Amazon card and I also have a PP account if that helps any.

I feel like there's a way I can exchange these cards for cash value or something. I've read where PP will do some sort of exchange where you can get up to 85% of the cards value applied to your PP account, but I don't see anywhere on Spike's sight where they accept PP as a form of payment either. Also, wondering if there's a better way too.

Last year, I bought a portable fridge for my Jeep. It was about a $348 purchase, but only cost me about $38 after my recognition points I got from my employer. I'm wondering if I can do something similar to land me a CF10 conical.

I really would like to have that conical..............

Sell them on eBay. You can get 85% for them, there. Just have to account for shipping and eBay fees when you set your price to ensure you get the percent return you'd like.

I know this is a stretch, but does anyone know how I can use gift cards (Amazon) that I've gotten for Christmas, from work, etc. to apply to something like say like...oh I don't know...A Spike conical??

I really would like to have that CF10. I've got a couple of Amazon gift cards for Christmas and my employer does a recognition where points can be accumulated to purchase various gift cards as well. My CC is an Amazon card and I also have a PP account if that helps any.

I feel like there's a way I can exchange these cards for cash value or something. I've read where PP will do some sort of exchange where you can get up to 85% of the cards value applied to your PP account, but I don't see anywhere on Spike's sight where they accept PP as a form of payment either. Also, wondering if there's a better way too.

Last year, I bought a portable fridge for my Jeep. It was about a $348 purchase, but only cost me about $38 after my recognition points I got from my employer. I'm wondering if I can do something similar to land me a CF10 conical.

I really would like to have that conical..............

You are correct about Spike Brewing not accepting PayPal as was the case when I just logged into my account with them. Since you have an Amazon credit card, I would suggest you contact Amazon's customer service and tell them you would like to credit the gift cards to your credit card account. If asked why, simply tell them you are afraid of losing the gift cards, forgetting about them, you are not sure if the have an expiration date, and this is an easier method for you to make sure they are used.

The above, if possible, would eliminate fees and charges from PayPal if PayPal allows exchanges. If PayPal does allow exchanges, then once your account is credited, simply transfer the cash to either your bank account or credit card.

You could always try asking Spike to list the conical you want to buy on Amazon. Not sure how much trouble it would be for them.

I tried Klarna again on Spike's sight. I kept having issues trying to get all my info in which was one reason I was asking about this method. Well, this go around it worked so a Spike CF10 should be on its way to my house in a few days. Guess I'll just keep the gift cards for other goodies.

My wife's going to kick my ass.

Latest posts

Back