getting rid of threads...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sKafifer

Reaction score
So my stout brand kettles (hlt w herms coil, mt, bk/whirlpool w tangential inlet) should be delivered today. This is my first jump into tri clamp bling, but I have a question....I'm completely threadless at every point except the pump - is there any way around this? Has anybody ever milled down the threads & had a tri clamp fitting welded/soldered on in place? Or am I just stuck w breaking it down & cleaning between each brew which is gonna mess up the threads anyway....suggestions?

Dan

According to a March Pump engineer I spoke with yesterday, they can have a stainless head altered. They would send it to a third party shop to be modified.
You could buy a stainless head like Wayne suggests and have the work done at a local shop.
Are you running a commercial operation or is this for private use?

Hi

Be carefull if you decide to weld up fittings to an existing pump head. It's pretty easy to warp them from the heat. I'm sure that March (or who ever) knows how to do it right.

Bob

It's for private use...
yes, overkill I know, but then again aren't tri clamps overkill in the first place...?
Maybe ill pick up a stainless head and some ferrules and see what happens...would Brewsteel be interested in some R&D?

Dan

According to a March Pump engineer I spoke with yesterday, they can have a stainless head altered. They would send it to a third party shop to be modified.
You could buy a stainless head like Wayne suggests and have the work done at a local shop.
Are you running a commercial operation or is this for private use?

Back