Getting ready to build a system. Need input.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbucket

Reaction score
I have some brew space in my basement that I currently use an electric stove to brew minimash kits. I want to go all grain and build a RIMS system. I was considering building a two tier system and use propane turkey fryers but my reading of forums seems to lean toward this not being safe in the basement even with CO detectors, ventilation, etc. I could move to the basement but I lose access to hot water and a drain (as well heat in the winter). I am now wondering if there is a way to incorporate the four burner stove into a RIMS system. I could create an HLT kettle, RIMS control and heat system with pump and then sparge into a brew kettle that goes back onto the stove for boiling.

Thoughts on propane in the basement, converting a stove into a RIMS system, etc? Any input will be helpful.

Thanks
Mike

You have an electric stove which means you already have 220V available. Check out the Electric Brewing Forum for TONS of info on how to do it.

Hi

There are large scale burners that are quite safe for indoor use. You also need ventilation. Typically fire suppression is an included feature. Think of the great big stove in a restaurant kitchen and the hood over it. No you do not want to know how much all that stainless steel would cost.

Bob

Back