GERMANY, babeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Found out on Wednesday we got orders to Germany! We leave in January for a 3 year assignment to Heidelberg!

I was planning on getting out in a year and a half, but I'm going ot extend my enlistment to take this assignment. I was planning on doing Seibel or UC Davis brewing courses when I retired, but maybe I'll do the Germany Siebel courses while I am there.

I am so psyched...I've been to Heidelberg before and it was my favorite place to go. I can't believe we got orders there!

Let the decoction jokes ensue!

Congratulations!

When I was in the NAVY, had I decided to stay, I would have wanted to be stationed in Japan for a few years myself.

Your Airforce or Army?

Cool. Congrats! The Kaserne there is across the street from a poofhaus and the best Lamb Kebab stand in Europe!

Sweet, I spent my first 2 years in Germany when I was in the Army but in Bremerhaven on the North Sea, luckily it was close to Belgium also so even more good beers. I got there at 18 years old and started my enjoyment of all things not Bud, Miller or Coors.

Enjoy. Go to Kaiserslautern and get the Perminator Bock Beer....That one will hit ya.

Dude!
I just read this and I'm very happy for you! What a great opportunity! :mug:

You MUST keep us informed about what you are doing in Germany!

I'm late in seeing this too, but that's great news, Dude.

What the hell is going on here today anyway... posts from RichBrewer and Brewtopia in the same day? Did I warp back to 2007? lol

Dude,
Heidleberg is a good place. Are you Aviation by chance?
Also, there are some GREAT small hometown breweries, be sure to check them out. However I wish like hell I had taken EVERY DAMN USO tour that I could. I missed going to all those other countries.

Anyways have a great time, and bring back some flip top bottles, they are SUPER cheap there!!!

Back