Gelatinin finings, yeast nutrient & yeast energizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner_at_Work

Reaction score
I am making kilju as an experiment and please can I have your help. It is a finnish alcoholic drink which is simply made of sugar and water, plus yeast.
I am using champagne yeast and was wondering what else I should add to the batch to make it successful, because I realize from people that yeast needs more than just sugar to survive.

My first question is what is the major difference between yeast nutrient vs yeast energizer and which one would be more appropriate for what im aiming to do here? Or should I use both of them? When should I add them to the batch?

Last question does gelatin finings kill the yeast? I was going to use that to clear up my batch after fermentation, but i wanted to reuse the yeast. and how long after fermentation is done do i add the finings?

When is the best time to add gelatin finings to my batch, before, after or during fermentation?
I really don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you don't know if you should clarify your wine before or after fermentation, you need to learn a lot more before you start making wine, you don't know the absolute basics that can easily be found by doing searches on this website or Google searches.

From your previous posts, I know that you are trying to make a simple, fast and very potent alcoholic drink, I see that you've done enough research to find a name for it to be able to try to mask the fact that you have no desire to learn how to make wine.

You have been posting in the attempt to get someone to post a step by step tutorial on how to make your alcoholic beverage, most of us are more than willing to help someone work their way through various issues and techniques, but as you have seen so far, no one is really stepping up to give you the step by step that you want, most likely because you can Google and find many pages covering the topics that you are interested in, and because most of us make wine and beer because it is a passion, an art, not because we want to see how drunk we can get.

Sorry, I opt out.

I really don't mean to be disrespectful, but if you don't know if you should clarify your wine before or after fermentation, you need to learn a lot more before you start making wine, you don't know the absolute basics that can easily be found by doing searches on this website or Google searches.

From your previous posts, I know that you are trying to make a simple, fast and very potent alcoholic drink, I see that you've done enough research to find a name for it to be able to try to mask the fact that you have no desire to learn how to make wine.

You have been posting in the attempt to get someone to post a step by step tutorial on how to make your alcoholic beverage, most of us are more than willing to help someone work their way through various issues and techniques, but as you have seen so far, no one is really stepping up to give you the step by step that you want, most likely because you can Google and find many pages covering the topics that you are interested in, and because most of us make wine and beer because it is a passion, an art, not because we want to see how drunk we can get.

Sorry, I opt out.

no need to apologize, if you wanted to opt out you could have ignored me. that would have been easier for both of us. and no worries. but im more interested in making cider not wine, after im done with this experiment. which there is nothing wrong with that.. and i dont drink to get drunk i drink to relax, not that it should matter though.

besides i wanted different opinions from people on here what they find the best time to add gelatin, everyone will have different solutions which i would love to hear. Ive heard of people adding it 5 hours before bottling, adding it while fermentation is still going on etc. etc. so i wanted to hear peoples opinion. thats how i learn.

Latest posts

Back