Gelatin after carbonation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgreenberg2000

Reaction score
Apparently I need to pay more attention when racking, as my IPA that I legged last week (force carb) has a TON of hop particulate in it! I know it will settle and clear eventually, but if I get the itch, is there any reason why using gelatin now ( post-carb) would not work out well?

The good news is that I don't really care about the lack of clarity, and this is the best version of my house IPA by far!! I do want to bottle a few bombers, though, so would prefer a bit more clarity.

What say you all?

R

Fire away! I've used gelatin many times post-carb. Still works wonderfully.

Enjoy!

Thanks, OC! Right now, I'm just enjoying my second pint of this batch, and loving it! Balanced, hoppy, citrusy, juicy! Yum. I'll give it a week, and it it's still not clear enough, I'll consider a bit of gelatin before bottling.

Brew on!

Rich

Agree with OdeCloner. My last beer was the first time I had ever used gelatin. My beer was already in the keg and carbed and I had been drinking it for about a week before I added gelatin. Then let it crash out for 24 hours or so. Good to go.

My standard method is to hookup Co2 @ 20 psi, cold crash to 37℉ for 24 hours, then add gelatin, leaving at 20 psi a couple days until it carbs. Always works out for me.

Back