Gas range (slide in) buying advice needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILMSTMF

Reaction score
Short version - we need a new slide-in gas range. Current range measures 30" wide. We don't want to buy a headache so, not interested in cheap stuff that's prone to failure. Ideally, the middle burner would not be that long griddle type. We have some budget dedicated to this but not to get into many thousands (read: can't afford commercial / professional).

We found this model which would suit our needs but we would love to hear from folks who might have other suggestions. Particularly if there's a deal now or in the very near future. Thanks!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Forno-L...ven-in-Stainless-Steel-FFSGS6275-30/312994316

Bosch was our first choice but we can't find one (affordable) at 30" wide. We found one that was on clearance for about $1k discount but like, 31" wide D'OH

Yea, they start around 2k and go up from there. For what ever reason when I purchased mine, the 36" was cheaper than the 30". Even the appliance store couldn't figure it out so I told them order it before you figure it out!

What ever you end up with, watch oven size, some of them are narrow and won't fit a large baking pan (think Turkey pan).

so I told them order it before you figure it out!

LOL

What ever you end up with, watch oven size, some of them are narrow and won't fit a large baking pan (think Turkey pan).

The kitchen is SWMBO's department - I'm clueless. I started this thread so we didn't go down the rabbit hole of reading reviews. Yours is a great tip so I suppose next step is to measure our largest pan and look at interior space of new range. Thanks!

If your a Costco member, check there also. They usually have good deals on appliances.

A friend found out the hard way a few years ago when I brought over a large (23# turkey) in a roasting pan that we couldn't get into their new oven. I made sure that the pan fit in my new ovens before we bought them.

Latest posts

Back