Gas Problems with 2L Mini-Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoaoPCF

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently got a mini keg to serve homebrew beer, cider, and kombucha on draught but unfortunately, I believe the gas regulator arrived damaged.

After fitting the CO2 cartridge I can’t get any beer out of the tap and I'm sure there is still beer in the keg. According to my experience normally, a 16g cartridge should last for 4-5L of beer. I tried several times with different cartridges, and every time I fitted a new cartridge inserting it into the regulator base, screwing it in a clockwise direction until it sits tight, once the end of the cartridge is punctured all the gas inside will leak through a small opening in the regulator. I believe there's a problem with the regulator base which is causing that the CO2 cartridge won't get properly attached and tightly sealed.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? The seller hasn't replied to my emails and I really believe I'm doing everything right and the problem is with the keg. Thanks!

once the end of the cartridge is punctured all the gas inside will leak through a small opening in the regulator.
I'm not familiar with these units, but it looks like you found the culprit. ^
In case you never hear back from the seller, is there a factory warranty? eBay/China?
Those mini cartridges are expensive to be toying with them!!! Yowsers!

It could be simply a leaky o-ring on the cartridge connection, me thinks. Is that area accessible, serviceable? Have a manual?
If all contacts/warranty fails, can that regulator be taken apart, to see if it's fixable?

Do you have a regular CO2 tank with regulator? I'd use that until you get this resolved.

Latest posts

Back