gas line added...to do list before firing up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisharvey

Reaction score
as you can see in my pics i hard piped my slotted angle iron with black pipe up to my burners with some shut offs. I used the yellow tape suggested for black pipe. I'm assuming i just put the propane on and close the closest valve and spray with soap water to check for leaks? any other suggestions before firing up?

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

I'm a doper not a taper but I guess they all seal :cross:
What kind of valves are you using for control? Do I see needle valves?

yes i got needle valves on there and those are the smaller burners from Argus not the full 100K burners so i should be ok with the regulator as long as i slowly let in propane

thoughts?

Looks like a high pressure regulator that u have on there you will want something with 11-13" w.c. output for those burners as far as testing that for leaks shut off your needle valves add pressure to the the system and hit your joints with soapy water...rinse off the soapy water afterwards, some soaps contain ammonia which will corrode ur brass fittings..

Below 1 psi, gas pressures are measured in inches water column (WC). Low pressure propane is 11" WC (as opposed to high pressure, which is usually in the 10-20 PSI range). Since you bought low pressure burners, you need a propane regulator that outputs at that pressure. Brewer's Hardware sells one here. I've also seen posts recommending a Marshall 290 or 299.

Alternately, if you'd rather go for high pressure but don't want to return the burners, it might be possible to swap out the oriface -- I don't know where you'd get one for that burner though...

Thank you so much. LP regulator from brewers hardware is ordered! Ill post pics of it fired up when I get it in!

Back