Garage kept movable keggle rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipatch

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has assembled a a garage built keggle rig DIY walk through. I have a friend with a two car garage who wants a keggle setup, and I figure what better way then do a 10 gallon keggle. If anyone has any thoughts let me know. BONUS - if it is able to wheel around/move so it can be taken outside (driveway) for cleaning and what not.

Like this?

PDR_0081.JPG

Here's mine:
photo93.JPG

It's just a 55 gallon aquarium stand with a turkey fryer welded on top and a wooden tray on casters below. My BK is separate on it's own burner. Simple, cheap and it takes up little space when not in use.

Mine is gravity feed made out of an old computer equipment rack with slide out burner shelves. If you look close at the picture of the rig expanded out in the drive way you can see the wheels inside the lower shroud and the threaded steel legs that come down lift the rig off of the wheels when brewing. These are also useful for leveling on slanted driveways. Only down side is having to use a step stool to access the MLT on the middle tear but for me that was a small trade off for the space saved. As for the HLT that is what the PVC Sheppard’s crook water filler is for. I have been using this rig now for 4 years.

brew rig put away.jpg

brew rig.jpg

ah toolboxdiver.. i see you're from hatboro (first noticed the yuengling sign in your pic) i'm originally from doylestown.. nice to see local homebrewers on here :)

Yes I'm from Hatboro hopefully I get to Brew today doing my Oktoberfest Ale and some Grilling too stop over for a cold one :mug:

Back