Garage Brewery - Recovery from Tragedy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mredge73

Reaction score
It rarely gets cold here in Houston TX, when it does it is a big event. The entire city shuts down if there is even a threat that the temp will drop below 32F. Consequently none of the pipes inside my house are insulated.

We just experienced an Arctic blast that dropped the temp to a record 17F; with the roads shutdown I got to stay home for a few days. At the end of the second day of house arrest my brewery exploded. 3 breaks in the copper lines above my sink; a bathtub of water crashed through my ceiling. I braved the dangerous frozen roadways of H-Town wet, cold, and visibly shaken with sadness for parts to repair the broken lines.

Now I must rebuild, it must be better/grander than before. I am in need of encouragement and new ideas. I must make the best of this space that I have available to me.

Took a few months but I got it all fixed up. Added a door, changed the wall color, and painted the concrete. Just a matter of time before I am back to normal; pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong, so it took a while.

2018-04-13 15.52.16.jpg

Just saw this reply, hadn't been active on here in a long while.
Current pandemonium has giving me a little extra time, I can post some pictures later but for the most part I am back in business.
Brewed my first beer in a year this weekend, looking forward to tasting it in a few weeks.

Back