Galaxy hops out of stock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MapleGroveAleworks

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for 2016 Galaxy hops and they seem to be out of stock most places. I'd like to buy a pound or at least a half pound. Some sites like Northern Brewer have them by the ounce but that's way too expensive per ounce for me. Any tips I'd appreciate thanks!

Well, Galaxy is from Down Under, so their 2017 harvest should be in progress around this time. I'm kinda waiting for them myself. I expect they'll sell out as fast as they arrive, except at the overpriced and "per ounce" places. $3.25 an ounce? They must be kidding...

According to Brulosophy many in his circuit of tasters found them similar. Of those who could discern, most preferred Mosaic over Galaxy.

Last edited:
Well, Galaxy is from Down Under, so their 2017 harvest should be in progress around this time. I'm kinda waiting for them myself. I expect they'll sell out as fast as they arrive, except at the overpriced and "per ounce" places. $3.25 an ounce? They must be kidding...

According to Brulosophy many in his circuit of tasters found them similar. Of those who could discern, most preferred Mosaic over Galaxy.

Thanks. I forgot that their 2017 will be coming out soon. Galaxy is my favorite hop so I am looking forward to them being back in stock. I'm fine with their inflated price of $30/lb that I see sometimes, but I refuse to pay those per ounce prices no thanks.

Vic Secret is pretty similar to Galaxy. Not as pungent with added floral.

If you don't want to wait, NB has 8 oz bags for $20 in stock. That's not that crazy as most places are charging $30 a pound (or more), when in stock.

Must be my mistake, I read it as saying the $20/8oz was a better deal considering how much pounds were being sold for
Guess I needed more coffee:pipe:

Gotcha, I probably didn't need to get so aggressive in my response anyways.

Back